Terms and conditions for the Mastercard debit cards of Verse Payments Lithuania UAB for individuals.
Last updated: 16 March 2023
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) regulate the application for the request and use of the MasterCard debit card of Verse Payments Lithuania UAB.
- you, the cardholder of the MasterCard debit card of Verse Payments Lithuania UAB and the holder of a payment account at Verse Payments Lithuania UAB associated with said card (the “Cardholder” or the “User”),
- us, Verse Payments Lithuania UAB (“Verse” or “we”), a limited liability company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, with company code 304932396, and registered office at Workland G9, Gedimino pr. 9 (4 aukštas), LT-01105, Republic of Lithuania.
We are an electronic money institution, regulated and supervised by the Bank of Lithuania, and we have an electronic money institution license issued by the latter authority (authorization code number LB001874), under which we are authorized to: (i) issue electronic money, (ii) issue payment instruments, such as the Verse MasterCard debit card, and (iii) provide other services approved under said license (the “Regulated Services”).
We are authorized to provide the Regulated Services in the countries of the European Union and of the European Economic Area authorized to us by the Bank of Lithuania (“Authorized EU/EEA Countries”).
The Bank of Lithuania is the central bank and financial supervisory authority of the Republic of Lithuania, with address at Gedimino ave. 6, 01103 Vilnius, Republic of Lithuania, registration number 188607684 (more information on the Bank of Lithuania can be obtained at its website www.lb.lt, and the Bank of Lithuania can also be contacted at the telephone number +370800 50500).
We are subject to the Law on Electronic Money Institutions of the Republic of Lithuania, which regulates our obligations as an electronic money institution, and to the Law on Payment Services of the Republic of Lithuania, which regulates our activities and our liability in connection with the provision of payment services to our customers, as well as the rights and obligations of those customers.
You may consult these Terms and Conditions on the Verse website and via the Verse App, and you may also request a copy of these Terms and Conditions via the Verse App at any time. In order to use all the App functions, you must have an Internet connection.
It is important for you to understand how to use your Verse MasterCard debit card correctly, and what your rights and obligations are. For this reason, we recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully and, should you have any questions, contact us via the Verse App (specifically, in the “Contact” site of the “Help & Support” section in your Verse App profile) or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Execution of the agreement
Verse is under no obligation to accept Card applications; accordingly, Verse reserves the right to decline card applications from Users.
The Card is issued in the Cardholder’s name, and the Cardholders’ first and last name, as well as the card number (in four-number series) and the expiration date are printed on the back. The security code (i.e., the CVC/CVV) is not printed on the Card. Users must use the Verse mobile App to access their security code.
3. Mobile Virtual Cards
Mobile Virtual Cards (i.e. Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay) are virtual representations of the Card, which enables Cardholders to use an extension of their Cards on their mobile devices (such as Smartphones or Tablets) via the Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay digital wallets.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Apps are digital wallets developed and owned by Apple, Google, and Samsung respectively, which enables Cardholders to carry out payment transactions with their Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay mobile virtual cards through these digital wallets. The download and use of: (i) Apple Pay is exclusively governed by Apple’s terms and conditions, (ii) Google Pay is exclusively governed by Google’s terms and conditions, and (iii) Samsung Pay is exclusively governed by Samsung’s terms and conditions. Cardholders must accept the terms and conditions of each of these digital wallets before using them.
In addition to these Terms and Conditions:
- The use of the virtual Card on the Apple Pay digital wallet will also be governed by the terms and conditions of the Apple Pay Mobile Virtual Card, the provisions of which will be fully valid and enforceable (“Apple Pay MVC Terms and Conditions”). In the event of a contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the Apple Pay MVC Terms and Conditions, the latter will prevail.
- The use of the virtual Card on the Google Pay digital wallet will also be governed by the terms and conditions of the Google Pay Mobile Virtual Card, the provisions of which will be fully valid and enforceable (“Google Pay MVC Terms and Conditions”). In the event of a contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the Google Pay MVC Terms and Conditions, the latter will prevail.
- The use of the virtual card on the Samsung Pay digital wallet will also be governed by the terms and conditions of the Samsung Pay Mobile Virtual Card, the provisions of which will be fully valid and enforceable (“Samsung Pay MVC Terms and Conditions”). In the event of a contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the Samsung Pay MVC Terms and Conditions, the latter will prevail.
4. Configuration and sending of the PIN
Cardholders must configure the personal identification number (“PIN”) of the Card via the Verse App and prior to completing the Card application procedure. After the PIN has been configured, and the application procedure is completed and confirmed, the Card will be activated and ready for use.
Cardholders can change the PIN, if they wish to do so, using the technical system established by Verse at any given time.
The Card and the PIN are for the exclusively personal and non-transferable use of the Cardholder.
If the PIN is entered incorrectly three times, the Card cannot be used at automatic teller machines (“ATM”). In such a case, Cardholders must contact Verse via the Verse App.
The physical Card will be mailed to Cardholders at the address indicated by them via the Verse App. The activation of the physical Card can be done through the Verse app, or can also take place by way of face-to-face (on-site) transactions, through the reading/acceptance of the card by PoS terminals or dataphones.
5. Use of the Card
The Card may be used by the Cardholder, within the payment limits envisaged in clause 6, and with a charge to the balance available in the Cardholder’s Verse payment account linked to the Card, at any point of sale, including points of remote sale and e-commerce, provided that the institutions have contracted with and form part of the Mastercard cards association (the “Contracting Institutions”).
Furthermore, Cardholders are authorized to withdraw cash, within the limits established in clause 6, from ATMs identifiable with the MasterCard logo worldwide. Cardholders are informed that the credit institution owning the ATM may require the payment of its own fees from the Cardholder for the withdrawal of cash from said ATM.
The Cardholder may make up to two (2) free cash withdrawals per month. Verse will not charge the Cardholder any fees for such withdrawals, except for non-EUR withdrawals as discussed below in this clause. Notwithstanding the latter, the Cardholder is informed that the credit institution that owns the ATM may impose on the Cardholder the payment of its own fees associated with the withdrawal of money in cash at said ATM.
For cash withdrawals and payment transactions using the Card in countries which do not have EUR as their legal tender currency, we will apply a 3% commission on the exchange rate applicable to the transaction.
6. Terms and Conditions for the Card
To request the Card, Cardholders must have opened a payment account with Verse, whose terms and conditions allow for the payment of funds with the Card. The first virtual version of the Card will be at no cost for the Cardholder. For any additional virtual versions of the Card requested by the Cardholder (i.e. a second or third virtual version of the Card), the Cardholder will have to pay a fee of one (1) Euro. Said one (1) Euro fee will be debited from the balance in the Verse payment account of the Cardholder associated with the Card.
Additionally, in the event that the Cardholder requests a physical version of the Card, the Cardholder must pay the amount of ten (10) Euros, which will be debited from the balance in the Verse payment account associated with the Card.
Amounts resulting from the use of the Card will be charged to the associated payment account pursuant to clause 16 of these Terms and Conditions. During the term of the account agreement, Cardholders cannot change the account associated with the Card and must ensure that it has the funds necessary for Verse to debit to said account all amounts paid out with the Card, without prior notice.
Cardholders may make use of the Card provided that the credit balance available in their Verse payment account is sufficient to cover the amount of the goods/services purchased or the amount of cash withdrawn, plus the charges applicable to the corresponding transaction.
Transactions carried out with the Card will be recorded in the related Verse payment account without unjustified delay. The value date of the debits will be the date of the transaction that gave rise to them.
The following limits apply to the use of the Card:
|Face-to-face (on-site) and e-commerce (online) transactions
|Up to 2,500 EUR (with a maximum of 20 transactions per day)
|Up to 5,000 EUR (with a maximum of 50 transactions per week)
|Up to 15,000 EUR (with a maximum of 200 transactions per month)
|Up to 1,000 EUR (with a maximum of 3 withdrawals per day)
|Up to 5,000 EUR (with a maximum of 7 withdrawals per week)
|Up to 5,000 EUR (with a maximum of 15 withdrawals per month)
Verse is also entitled to unilaterally change the limits in place (either increasing or decreasing) due to security reasons.
Once the expiration date of the Card has been reached, it cannot be used until it is renewed by Verse. The Card will be valid only until the last day of the month which is printed on the back side of the Card, and notwithstanding its renewal following expiration, the Card cannot be used after such date.
Verse is authorized to renew a Card issued pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, upon its expiration, without needing a prior request from the Cardholder. Verse is also authorized to send to the Cardholder, even prior to the expiration date, the Card which is to replace the Card currently held and which may include new functionalities. The issuance of this new Card will not entail any additional cost for the Cardholder. Renewed Cards will be mailed to their respective Cardholders, at their home address, by regular mail.
7. Authorization/Irrevocability of payment orders
By using the Card, Cardholders give their consent (authorization) to the execution of a payment order. For such purpose, Cardholders must give their consent, either on a voucher that requires their signature, on which the Card data is communicated, or at ATMs and electronic points of sale, as necessary, by introducing the PIN or informing the Contracting Institutions of the Card data (for example, via internet or by telephone). For such purposes, they must use the special double authentication methods offered by Verse.
For internet transactions, only the Card type, name of the Cardholder, Card number, expiration date and control digit can be entered, but at no time should the PIN be entered.
Cardholders cannot revoke a payment order after it has been authorized. Evidence of the use of the Card, in the form of invoices and receipts from transaction registration and/or authorization dataphones or electronic terminals, or the reading of the Card’s magnetic strip, will imply the confirmation of the transaction carried out by the Cardholder, and the Cardholder’s consent to having the transaction recorded in the Verse payment account associated with the Card (identification of the Card number in remote sales having the same consequences), notwithstanding the Cardholder’s right to contest the transaction based on evidence confirming that said transaction should not have been authorized.
Where the PIN or a signature is required for authorization, authorization is not complete until the PIN has been entered or the document signed, respectively. Such authorization also entails express consent to the processing, transfer and storage of the Cardholder’s personal data as necessary for Verse to execute the payment order.
8. Rejection of payment orders/Blocking of the Card by Verse
Verse is entitled to reject a payment order if:
- the Cardholder has not authorized it in accordance with the preceding clause;
- the Cardholder exceeds the Card’s expense limit;
- the funds in the payment account associated with the Card are insufficient;
- the stipulations or specified limits were not observed; or
- the Card is blocked.
Verse is authorized to retain and block the Card without prior notice where it has legitimate reasons for doing so, provided that such actions are supported by objective reasons related to the security of the Card or to a suspicion of unauthorized or fraudulent use of the Card or its data. Verse will unblock the Card, or will replace it with a new Card, as soon as the reasons for blocking no longer exist. In such cases, Verse will inform the Cardholder that the payment instrument is to be blocked, stating the reasons for doing so, where possible before the Card is blocked or at the latest immediately thereafter, unless providing such information would compromise objectively justified security reasons or is prohibited by other relevant legislation of the European Union or of the EU Member State in which the Cardholder, is domiciled.
9. Execution period
The payment process will be initiated by the Cardholder, or payer. After Verse has received the payment order, it will ensure that the amount of the payment is deposited with the payment service provider of the beneficiary.
After the Cardholder has authorized the payment, Verse will block the funds available in the Cardholder’s account. Verse will release the blocked funds, without undue delay, following confirmation of the information on the exact amount of the payment transaction and, at the latest, immediately following confirmation of the payment order.
10. Payment obligations
Verse will pay the charges claimed from the Cardholder by the Contracting Institutions for the use of the Card, if they are owed immediately. Where applicable, the Cardholder has an obligation to guarantee that Verse will be repaid for such charges. The same applies to the use of the cash withdrawal service. Even if the Card’s limit or limits are not observed, Verse will be entitled to demand repayment of the expenses incurred on the use of the Card.
11. Obligations of the Cardholder
Cardholders have the obligation to:
- Use the Card in compliance with these Terms and Conditions;
- Keep the Card and the associated authentication elements in a safe place; the Card is non-transferable and cannot be assigned to third parties, even temporarily; in particular, the Card cannot be left in an unsupervised vehicle, in premises or places where unauthorized third parties could, without much effort, have access to the Card and to its data; Card data cannot be transferred via insecure/uncoded electronic data networks;
- Take all necessary precautions to ensure the proper use of the Card and its security, as well as of the associated authentication elements required for such use and of the means and procedures that permit such use exclusively by the Cardholder, at all times avoiding its use by third parties; in this connection, Cardholders must keep the PIN and all other authentication elements used to place payment orders with the Card absolutely secret; the PIN, which is personally configured by the Cardholder through the Verse App, cannot be disclosed to third parties; the PIN cannot be kept with the Card, written on the Card, nor can third parties obtain it by similar deliberate actions on the part of the Cardholder;
- Inform Verse of the charge of any transaction not authorized by the Cardholder, and of any error or irregularity detected in the functioning of the Card, so that Verse can rectify it as appropriate;
- Notify Verse, as soon as it becomes aware, and without undue delay, of: (i) the loss, theft, misappropriation, falsification or unauthorized use of the Card, of the associated authentication elements or of the means permitting its use, or the suspected knowledge of the PIN by a third party; and (ii) the entry or charge to the associated account of any unauthorized transaction.
The necessary contact information can be obtained from the Verse Customer Service via the Verse App and/or at the Verse website;
- Destroy the Card, or return it to Verse, after it has expired or after it has been replaced;
- Report any loss or theft of the Card to the police authorities immediately; if the Card reported as lost is found thereafter, it must be invalidated and returned to Verse immediately, and cannot be used thereafter; the Card will be blocked as soon as the report is received.
For the replacement of a Card that has been lost, stolen, misappropriated or subject to any other unauthorized use, Verse will charge the Cardholder the amount of ten (10) Euros, which will be limited to the costs incurred directly on the Card’s replacement. The foregoing will not apply if the circumstances giving rise to the replacement are attributable to Verse or if here Verse is liable for those circumstances.
- Pay the fees related to the issuance of (i) the physical version of the Card, and (ii) any of the additional virtual card versions, as per section 6 of these Terms and Conditions.
It is hereby highlighted by Verse that in order to request the Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, Users must be of legal age (≥ eighteen (18) years of age) and have full legal capacity to enter into agreements; accordingly, Cardholders must refrain from requesting the Card if they fail to fulfill those requirements. Should a Cardholder request the Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, said Cardholder expressly represents that he or she is of legal age and has full legal capacity to contract the use of the Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Verse will not be held liable, in any way, if the aforesaid representation by the Cardholder is untrue.
12. Obligations of Verse
- not to disclose the PIN or other authentication elements to anyone but the Cardholder;
- to block and render void Cards that have expired, as well as those reported as having been destroyed, stolen, lost or falsified, or whose PIN has become known to a person other than their Cardholder, and to prevent all use of the Cards from the time the Cardholder reports any of the foregoing circumstances and provided that the report was made using one of the channels established for such purpose;
- to refrain from sending unsolicited payment instruments (Cards), unless a payment instrument already delivered to the Cardholder is to be replaced;
- to guarantee at all times that suitable means are available to Cardholders, free of charge, through which to make any communication, in particular regarding the loss, theft or unauthorized use of the Card, or to ask to have the Card unblocked were the reasons for blocking no longer exist; in this connection Verse will give Cardholders, also free of charge, when the latter so request, such means as enable them to prove that the communication was made; this communication will be free of charge for all Cardholders and the costs incurred on the replacement of the Card will be charged only if a Cardholder is directly responsible for the renewal;
- to prevent all use of the Card following the notice served pursuant to clause 11;
- to inform Cardholders of the functionalities and capabilities of the Card, and to answer all questions arising in connection therewith.
13. Liability of the Cardholder for unauthorized transactions
13.1.1. Liability of the Cardholder until receipt of the request to have the Card blocked
- If an unauthorized transaction is carried out as a result of the loss, theft, disappearance or misuse of the Card, the Cardholder will be liable up to a maximum of fifty euros (EUR 50) for any loss incurred until the time Verse receives the request to have the Card blocked, regardless of whether or not the Cardholder is liable for the loss, theft, disappearance or other misuse.
- Cardholders are not liable pursuant to paragraph 1) above, if
- the loss, theft, disappearance or other misappropriation of the authentication instrument of the account holder was not detectable to the Cardholder prior to the unauthorized payment transaction; or
- the loss of the authentication instrument was caused by an employee, agent or branch of a payment service provider or of any other entity to which its activities were outsourced.
- If the Cardholder is not a consumer or an individual, or if the Card is issued in a country outside the European Economic Area, the Cardholder will be liable, over and above the fifty-euro (EUR 50) limit, for losses incurred due to unauthorized payment transactions, pursuant to paragraphs 1) and 2) above, if the Cardholder fails to perform diligently the obligations imposed in these Terms and Conditions. If Verse contributes to such losses in breach of its obligations, Verse will be held liable in accordance with the applicable general principles of civil liability.
- Cardholders must bear losses incurred due to any unauthorized use of the Card preceding the request to have the Card blocked, if they failed to perform their obligations of care under these Terms and Conditions with intent or gross negligence, or acted fraudulently. Gross negligence will mean, e.g., where a Cardholder intentionally or negligently fails to ask Verse to block the Card as a result of its loss, theft or misappropriation, or does so with unjustified delay after it has become known; has written the PIN on the Card or has kept the PIN and the Card together; or where the PIN was disclosed to a third party and the misuse was due to such disclosure.
- The liability for losses incurred within the period to which an expense limit applies will be limited to the agreed expense limit.
- Cardholders will not be held liable for losses incurred pursuant to paragraphs 1) and 4) above, if they were unable to request the blocking of the Card because Verse had failed to guarantee the possibility of receiving such request.
- Paragraphs 1), 2), 5) and 6) above will not apply if the Cardholder acted fraudulently.
13.2 Liability of the Cardholder following a request to have the Card blocked
Cardholders have no obligation to pay compensation for losses incurred due to the unauthorized use of the Card following a request to have the Card blocked. The foregoing does not apply if the Cardholder acted fraudulently. In such a case, the Cardholder will be held liable without limitation.
14. Right to a refund, correction or compensation on the part of the Cardholder
14.1 Refund in the event of unauthorized payments with the Card
In the event of an unauthorized payment with the Card, Verse cannot claim a refund of its expenses. Verse has the obligation to refund to the Cardholder the total amount of the payment and, where the amount was charged to the Verse payment account associated with the Card, must restore the account balance to the amount it would have had if the unauthorized payment transaction had not taken place. At the latest, this obligation must be performed by the end of the business day after the day on which Verse is notified of the unauthorized payment transaction. If Verse has reasonable grounds for suspecting the existence of fraud and serves written notice of those grounds on the relevant national authority, Verse will have to examine its obligations without delay and perform them if the suspicion of fraud is not confirmed.
As established in Clause 11.7) of these Terms and Conditions, in order to be able to process retrocessions of fraudulent operations, Verse reserves the right to demand from the Cardholder the corresponding police report that evidence or certifies the occurrence of theft or misappropriation of the Card.
14.2 Right to a refund where an authorized payment is not made or is made incorrectly
Where an authorized payment with the Card is not made, or is made incorrectly, Cardholders are entitled to ask Verse to refund the full amount of the payment immediately. If the amount was charged to the Verse payment account associated with the Card, the balance of said account must be restored to the level it would have had without the charge due to the payment transaction not made or made incorrectly.
Where an authorized payment is not made or is made incorrectly, Verse must, at the Cardholder’s request, investigate the payment transaction and inform the Cardholder of the findings. If the payment service provider of the beneficiary receives the amount of a payment transaction after the end of the execution period stipulated under clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions, the beneficiary may ask its payment service provider to ensure that the credit value date for the beneficiary’s payment account is no later than the date on which the amount would have been value dated had the transaction been carried out correctly.
14.3 Right to loss compensation
In the event of an unauthorized payment with the Card, or where an authorized payment with the Card was not made or was made incorrectly, Cardholders may require Verse to compensate the losses not covered by paragraphs 14.1 and 14.2 above. This will not apply if Verse is not liable for breach. In such circumstances, Verse will be liable where an intermediary has made the payment in its name and should be held liable as if it had been made by Verse, unless the principal cause is from an intermediary designated by the Cardholder. Verse’s liability for the compensation of losses under this Clause 14.3 is limited to €5.00 per payment transaction; this restriction will not apply in the event of willful intent or gross negligence, loss of interest (provided that the Cardholder is the consumer) and the risks specifically to be borne by Verse.
Cardholders will not be entitled to file a claim against Verse pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, if they fail to inform Verse in this connection within 180 days after the date on which the unauthorized event or defective payment transaction occurred.
14.5 Right to a refund in the event of an authorized payment transaction initiated by or through the beneficiary
Cardholders are entitled to claim a refund from Verse for any payment charged to them and originating in an authorization initiated by or through the beneficiary of the payment, if the authorization failed to specify the exact amount and the amount of the payment exceeds the amount that the payer could have expected in view of: (a) the previous expense record, (b) these Terms and Conditions, (c) the individual circumstances of the case. Refunds related to currency exchange will not be considered where the reference exchange rate was the agreed rate. The Cardholder must state the facts on which its request for a refund is based.
Cardholders will not be entitled to claim a refund pursuant to the preceding paragraph, if they fail to file the claim within eight weeks after the date of the charge related to the claim against Verse. Within ten (10) business days after receiving the claim, Verse must refund the total amount of the payment transaction or must provide justification for denying the refund, stating the agencies to which Cardholders may forward the matter if they disagree with the reasons put forth.
15. Exemption from liability
Claims by Cardholders filed pursuant to Sections 13 and 14 will be excluded from the liability regime set forth under these Terms and Conditions if the circumstances giving rise to the claim:
- are based on an abnormal or unforeseeable event beyond Verse’s control and its consequences, even where due care has been taken, could not have been avoided or
- were caused by Verse by virtue of a statutory obligation.
16. Transaction summary via the Verse App
Verse will deduct each transaction carried out with the Card from the credit balance available in the payment account opened by the Cardholder at Verse, i.e., the account associated with the Card. Cardholders may use the Verse App to check all transactions carried out with the Card. Upon acceptance of the Card application, Cardholders agree to consult the transaction summary electronically, via the Verse App.
17. Use of foreign currency
Transactions in foreign currency will be converted into Euros using the most recent exchange rate available according to MasterCard. The day on which the calculation is made will be the day on which Verse receives the charge from the related foreign credit institution. When the Card is used abroad, Cardholders must comply with the currency regulations of the financial supervisory authority of their country of residence. A change in the reference price of the conversion rule will apply immediately, without prior notice having to be served on the Cardholder. The reference price is taken from publicly accessible sources able to be checked by both parties.
18. Claims or complaints
All claims or complaints made by Cardholders in relation to the interpretation, application, fulfillment and performance of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding any legal action to which they may be entitled, may be served on Verse’s Customer Service via the Verse App or by email to: email@example.com, including: first and last name, taxpayer identification number, signature, customer address and the reason for the claim or complaint. Customer Service will have a maximum of fifteen (15) business days to resolve complaints and claims received, following their receipt. In exceptional situations, if an answer cannot be given within that period for reasons beyond Verse’s control, Verse will send a provisional answer stating the reasons for the delay and specifying the period within which the definitive answer will be received, which cannot exceed 35 business days. Users can also request the Customer Service Rules by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cardholders who deem their complaint not to have been attended to, do not receive an answer within the periods stated in the preceding paragraph or do not agree with Verse’s decision in this connection, may file the related complaint or claim with the relevant supervisory body.
Complaints and claims filed under a contractual relationship between the Cardholder and the Contracting Institutions must be clarified directly with the latter, given that they do not affect the Cardholder’s payment obligation or the relationship between the latter and Verse. The Cardholder’s rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected.
19. Change in the Cardholder’s address
Cardholders must inform Verse immediately, via the App or the means established on the Verse website, of any change in their email address or in their mailing address, as appropriate.
Should a Cardholder fail to serve the aforesaid notice, Verse’s statements will be deemed to have been received by the Cardholder if they are sent to the most recent mailing address or email address reported by the Cardholder to Verse.
20. Data protection
Verse is the controller of your personal data.
We will process your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- Comply with legal obligations
- Provide with the issuance service of the MasterCard debit card, subject matter of this agreement, and to provide with the services associated with the use of the Card.
We process your personal data under the following legal basis:
- For purpose (i) above: compliance with legal obligations
- For purpose (ii) above: performance of a contract (i.e. these Terms and Conditions).
You may exercise the following rights over your personal data, within the limits set forth by applicable laws: access, rectification, deletion, objection to the processing, restriction to the processing and data portability. If you have granted your consent to the processing of your personal data for any of the above mentioned purposes, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise the rights mentioned in the above paragraph, you can contact us through our Customer Service (+34 93 220 4859), or by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer, at the following email address: email@example.com, or by send a letter with a detail of the right you wish to exercise, along with with a copy of your ID (identification document) to any of the following addresses:
- Plaza de Catalunya, 9, 3rd floor, 08002, Barcelona, Spain.
- Workland G9, Gedimino pr. 9 (4 aukštas), LT-01105 Vilnius, Republic of Lithuania.
You can consult additional information about the processing of your data carried out by Verse on our website: https://verse.me/en/privacy/.
21. Changes to these Terms and Conditions / Consideration
Cardholders will be informed by email or via the Verse App of any changes in these Terms and Conditions at least two months prior to the date on which such changes enter into force.
Cardholders will be deemed to have given their consent if they have not notified Verse in writing and/or by email and/or via the Verse App that they reject the changes, prior to the date on which those changes enter into force.
Cardholders will be entitled to terminate this agreement without prior notice, even before the date on which the aforesaid changes are to enter into force. A rejection of the changes will not release the Cardholder from liability for justifiable payments incurred until such time.
These Terms and Conditions are for an indefinite term. The Card itself will expire at the end of the month of the related year printed on the back side of the Card.
The Card must be destroyed by the Cardholder upon its expiration. The Cardholder must ask Verse, in advance, to issue a new Card prior to its expiration and to send the new Card to the most recent address stated on the related application, unless these Terms and Conditions have been terminated.
These Terms and Conditions may be terminated by Cardholders at any time by returning or canceling the Card, either via the Verse App or by using the means made available to Users by Verse. Termination will take effect on the date on which the related termination notice is received or on the date on which Verse receives the Card at the address indicated for such purpose.
Verse is entitled at all times to terminate the Card agreement with the Cardholder (i.e., these Terms and Conditions) by serving two (2) months’ prior notice.
Verse is also entitled to terminate these Terms and Conditions with immediate effect:
- for any of the justified reasons and grounds envisaged in this agreement. In such case Verse is entitled to terminate the Card agreement with immediate effect and/or to block the Card;
- if the Cardholder is in breach of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions, in which case Verse may block the Card;
- if the Card is used fraudulently or there is a risk of fraudulent use, in which case Verse may block the Card.
Existing obligations of the Cardholder will not be affected in the event of termination.
Cardholders are entitled to terminate this agreement within fourteen (14) calendar days without having to give a reason and without any penalty whatsoever. The period in which to exercise this right of withdrawal begins on the date on which the agreement is executed.
In order to exercise the aforesaid right of withdrawal, Cardholders need only serve notice of their exercise of such right via the Verse App, before the end of the period referred to in the preceding paragraph.
Cardholders who do not exercise their right of withdrawal within the aforementioned period will be deemed to wish to maintain the agreement through its termination date.
25. Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
Verse and the Cardholder expressly submit the resolution of any dispute or conflict arising in connection with the validity, application, performance or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the city of Vilnius, Republic of Lithuania, waiving their right to any other jurisdiction to which they may be entitled.
26. Verse’s General Conditions of Access and Use
Verse’s General Conditions of Access and Use will also be applied to these Terms and Conditions.